Its my birthday and these cookies are what I want to celebrate with! My birthday, spring, warmer weather and strawberries seem to always go together for me. I’ve always loved strawberries so why not put them in cookies? I put freeze dried strawberries in a food processor so it could mix into the flour mixture and these cookies have the best taste of strawberries. The slightly tang from the strawberries and the sweet from the white chocolate go great with the coarse salt to balance out the flavors. If you don’t have coarse salt, regular salt is fine to use.
I loaded these cookies with sprinkles because what doesn’t scream celebration or birthday than with sprinkles?
Strawberry Birthday Cookies
- 2 sticks (1 cup) of unsalted butter
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup pulverized freeze dried strawberry powder (pulverize freeze dried strawberries in a food processor)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp coarse salt
- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup sprinkles
- Melt the 2 sticks of butter and let sit to cool to room temperature.
- While the butter is cooling, mix together the flour, strawberry powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium sixed bowl use a hand mixer to mix the sugars and butter together for a minute or two. It will look really buttery, but that’s normal. Add the egg, egg yolk, vanilla and yogurt and mix until incorporated. Mix in the flour mixture until just incorporated. Gently fold in the chocolate chips and sprinkles
- Chill the dough It’s really important to chill the dough to have a thick chewy cookie. You can put the dough in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight OR if you’re really wanting cookies asap you can scoop the cookies into 2 tbsp cookie balls, place on a parchment lined sheet pan, and place in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
- Bake Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper. When you take the chilled dough out, use a spoon and scope two tbsp to roll the dough into a ball. If the dough is too hard to scoop out, let it sit on your counter for 5 minutes and then scoop! Bake the cookie dough balls for 10-12 minutes. Take them out of the oven and let sit on the baking sheet for a minute or two before putting on a cooling rack.
I really hope you enjoy these strawberry birthday cookies as much as I do! Leave a comment with what you think or tag me on instagram @theladlebearer if you make them!
One thought on “Strawberry Birthday Cookies”