Granola is a great healthy snack to take to work or post workout snack. Its really versatile with what ingredients you have in your pantry, and allows you to change up flavors so you don’t get bored. One of my favorite flavor combinations is chocolate, cranberry and almond. The almond flavor is with the almond butter and the slivered almonds. You can switch out the nuts, nut butter and dried fruit with other types of flavors. The chocolate, cranberry and almond is sweet, slightly savory, tart and crunchy so it hits all the right notes. The course sea salt adds a little salty bite throughout to bring out the rest of the flavors.
This is a good, simple recipe to make on Sunday to divvy into little containers or baggies for the week. The granola can be snacked on by itself or go on top of a bowl of yogurt. Whatever you’re in the mood for! I personally enjoy granola on it’s own especially if I’m headed on a road trip or am flying anywhere – it’s a nice healthy snack to munch on and pass the time.
Healthy Cranberry Chocolate Almond Granola
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- ½ tsp course sea salt
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chocolate, chopped or Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl except for the cranberries and chocolate.
- Pour into an even layer on the baking tray and bake for 20 minutes, stirring half way through.
- Remove from oven and once cool add cranberries and chocolate. Put into air tight containers or baggies and will store up to a week.
Comment below with your favorite way to enjoy this granola and feel free to tag me on Instagram if you make this recipe or any of my other recipes!