This is the first year of starting the 12 Days of Christmas Treats! I’m sharing my favorite 12 recipes that are perfect for the holidays! You can either make these and give them as gifts or have them around for Christmas parties for people to enjoy. I’ve done both and have not had any disappointed friends or family!
Some of these recipes are tried and true that I’ve been making for a couple years in a row and some are new recipes that I’ve created and had to share with you so I hope you enjoy!!
1. Pfeffernüsse is a German Spiced Cookie that has a little extra spice than your typical ginger cookies. A kirsch glaze and a few sprinkles of peppercorns is a simple way to give them the recognition they deserve. Recipe by Martha Stewart
2. Dreaming of a White Christmas Tart has layers of white chocolate mousse, cranberry lingonberry curd, and gingersnaps. Couldn’t be anymore Christmas shoved into a tart! Recipe by me, The Ladle Bearer
3. Spiced Mulled Wine Pear Cake is one of those desserts where you’ll can’t wait for the next year to make and enjoy it again. I’ve adjusted the wine poaching liquid in the past and did not use the brandy and it tastes just as good! I even drank it after the pears were done. Recipe is from TheBakeFeed
4. Peanut Butter (Whiskey) Chocolate Fudge is a great gifting idea for that PB & Chocolate lover in your life! Whiskey can be substituted out and replaced with maple syrup. Recipe by me, The Ladle Bearer
5. Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies are one of my must bakes every Christmas. This is my all time favorite recipe and it never fails me. The outside is slightly crisp, inside chewy and topped with those pretty cracks. Recipe by Gimme Some Oven
6. Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies take the norm chocolate chip cookies a run for their money! At Christmas time I use my recipe for my Bourbon Brown Butter Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies but take out the bourbon and cherries so everyone (kiddos and non drinkers) can enjoy them. Adding festive sprinkles dresses them up for the holiday season.
7. Candied Pecans are now a must for gifts for my family because they have become addicted (my own fault LOL). I fill up recycled mason jars or old jam jars with the pecans and they are the perfect vessel for gift giving. Recipe by me, The Ladle Bearer
8. Gingerbread Cake because you can never have too much gingerbread around the holidays, right? Fluffy gingerbread cake layered with cranberry compote and topped with a silky Chai buttercream. Recipe by me, The Ladle Bearer
9. Peppermint Chocolate Silk Pie is a luxurious yet easy pie to bring with you as a host gift. Using peppermint and chocolate throughout with a store bought trick for the crust, it’s for sure a crowd pleaser! Recipe by me, The Ladle Bearer.
10. Eggnog Poke Cake is a new eggnog recipe I’ve tried this year and I’m so glad I did. It’s basically a riff on Tres Leches but with a boozy holiday twist. Recipe by Food52
11. Joulutortuttu is a Finnish pinwheel cookie filled with preserves. This recipe uses a delicious cranberry port filling, but I’ve also used whatever preserves I have in the kitchen and they’ve turned out just as tasty! Recipe by Bake From Scratch.
12. Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are my mom’s favorite! I use this recipe, but add a 1/4 cup of dried cranberries and add a simple confectioner sugar glaze on top to make them extra special. Recipe is by Sally’s Baking Blog.