One flavor combination I love all year round, but especially during the holidays is peppermint and chocolate. What better way to enjoy minty chocolate goodness than in a silky smooth chocolate pie? This has a crunchy peppermint chocolate crust filled with a creamy, addicting chocolate filling. It’s too good to resist a second slice.
The best part about this pie is that it’s easy to make and is one of those desserts that is best made in advance so no rushing around the day you need it! The crust is made from crushed peppermint chocolate cookies (oreos, but I always use the store brand because they don’t have green filling). This gives an extra flavor of peppermint AND chocolate to your pie! If you can’t find these cookies, I would recommend using plain oreos and adding 1/4 tsp of mint extract to the mix.
To add a little more peppermint flavor and a crunch, I pulse candy canes and sprinkle on top, but if you’re making this some other time during the year and can’t find them, no worries! You can top it with shaved chocolate or the plain whipped cream and it’ll be just as pretty!
Peppermint Chocolate Silk Pie
- 16 oz. peppermint chocolate sandwich cookies
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 6 oz. Peppermint Dark Chocolate, Endangered Species Chocolate
- 2 oz. Bittersweet Chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp mint extract
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 tsp confectioner sugar
Whipped Cream Topping:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp confectioner sugar
Optional: 2 candy canes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, pulse sandwich cookies with the filling and stream in melted butter until mixed. Pour into pie dish and press into the bottom and sides of the dish. Put in oven for 6 minutes. Remove and let cool on a wire rack.
- While the crust is cooking, whisk sugar and eggs in a saucepan on medium heat until it reaches 160°F or until becomes thick and coats the back of a spoon (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat add in chocolate and extracts. Stir until chocolate has completely melted.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the butter in a large bowl until fluffy, 2 minutes. While beating, slowly add the chocolate mixture. Beat on high for about 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, use a clean hand mixer to whip the heavy cream and confectioner sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold half of the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture. Once done, fold in remaining half of whipped cream.
- Pour into cooled pie dish, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for atleast 6 hours up to overnight.
- When ready to serve, whip heavy cream and confectioner sugar until firm and top the pie. Add crushed candy canes if using. Enjoy!
If you make this pie, please let me know what you think of the recipe! Feel free to share it on instagram and tag me so I can see what you’ve made!
3 thoughts on “Peppermint Chocolate Silk Pie”
This looks and sounds amazing🎀💗
Thank you so much!