I’ve been making these candied pecans for gifts for family for a couple years and they’re always a hit! Matter if fact, I’d probably say my family is addicted to them now because I always get asked if I’m making them again year after year and how they want a double batch this time.
Candied pecans are easy to make and can be gifted in jars you have around the house. I always use mason jars or recycled jam jars and add some ribbon once they’re filled.
My Spiced Candied Pecans only need a few ingredients and use spices that you more than likely already have in your kitchen.
Spiced Candied Pecans
– 5 cups halved pecans
– 1 egg white
– 1 tbsp water
– 1/3 cup granulated sugar
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 1 tsp ground ginger
– 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp ground allspice
– 1 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 300°F and line a large baking sheet or two small ones with parchment paper.
2. Combine and mix sugar, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, allspice and salt in a bowl.
3. In a large bowl add egg white and water and whisk with a fork until frothy. Pour pecans in the bowl and stir to evenly coat.
4. Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the pecans and stir so the sugar gets on all the nuts. Spread the pecans onto the baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 48 minutes stirring and flipping every 12 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on the baking sheet. Once cooled, add to an airtight container and enjoy! They’re good for 2 weeks or can be frozen for up to 2 months.
I hope you enjoy these little morsels of goodness! Comment below or tag me in Instagram when you try them out!