I have to admit I’m only a huge fudge fan when it’s around the holidays because it’s one of my favorite things to gift people and snack on myself. I’m a huge fan of chocolate & peanut butter and I found myself with leftover Peanut Butter Whiskey. Yeah you heard me right… It’s whiskey but tastes just like peanut butter, it’s crazy! If you don’t want to use any whiskey in the fudge, simply replace the amount with maple syrup (1/3 cup) and do 3/4 cup of coconut oil instead.
One thing I did notice when making this fudge was to NOT use natural or homemade peanut butter. It doesn’t work if you want a smooth fudge consistency.
If you want to swirl the chocolate in the peanut butter, pour your chocolate into 3 ribbons over your peanut butter layer. Take a knife and make perpendicular lines from your chocolate from one edge of the pan to the other. Then take your knife and do the same thing in the opposite direction (left/right vs. front/back) and you should quickly see a swirl forming! Don’t overdo your swirling because your swirl will eventually be mixed in if you continue.
Peanut Butter Whiskey Chocolate Fudge
Peanut Butter Whiskey Fudge
– 2 cups peanut butter
– 1/4 maple syrup
– 1/3 cup peanut butter whiskey
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup melted coconut oil (or melted butter)
– 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
– 1/4 cup cocoa powder
– 1/4 cup peanut butter
– 2 tbsp maple syrup
1. Line a 8×8 pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray.
2. For the peanut butter fudge- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the peanut butter, maple syrup and coconut oil in the microwave for 30sec on medium high heat. Stir until completely combined and add the whiskey and vanilla extract. Stir and spread evenly into prepared pan.
3. For the chocolate swirl- combine all the ingredients and pour over the fudge. See notes above to see instructions for swirling.
4. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set before cutting into squares. Optional: Sprinkle with sea salt.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do! Please comment below or tag me on Instagram if you make these.
One thought on “Peanut Butter Whiskey Chocolate Fudge”