Oreo’s are very dangerous in my household. Matter of fact I have to hide them if I want to use them in my baking! If you’re an oreo lover too these brownies will be right up your alley. If you don’t have oreo’s or choose not to use them this brownie recipe is a good go-to recipe to keep in your back pocket.
I find brownies are one of the easiest desserts to decorate and bring to a party or shin-dig and since Halloween is right around the corner why not make these Halloween Oreo Brownies using sprinkles, jimmies, and Halloween oreo’s.
Fudgey brownies are my favorite type, but if you like a cakey brownie, simply leave them in the oven 5-10 minutes longer.
Fudgey Oreo Brownies
- 1 cup unsalted melted and cooled butter
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (I personally love using dark choc.)
- 2/3 sleeve oreo’s
- Optional: sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine melted butter, oil, and sugars in a medium sized bowl. Whisk until combined. Add the vanilla and eggs and beat until batter color becomes lighter, about a minute.
- Sift in the cocoa powder, salt, and flour and mix until just combined – don’t overmix or else your brownie will come out tough.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips and 1/3 of the sleeve of oreo’s.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and smooth out the top so its even. Crumble the other 1/3 of the oreo’s on top and lightly press them into the batter. Add sprinkles if using and put into the oven for 40-45 minutes if a fudgey texture is desired. Keep in the oven for 50-55 minutes if you want a cakier texture.
- If using a larger dish like an 8 x 12 inch cook 30 minutes for fudgey texture and 40 minutes for cake texture.
I hope you enjoy these decadent chocolate oreo brownies and if you make them, please comment below with what you though. Feel free to take a picture and tag me on Instagram!