Have you ever heard of Halva? I haven’t until recently and I wish I would’ve known about it sooner! It’s a a sweet treat made from tahini that originated in the Middle East but is enjoyed around the world. It’s flaky and crunchy at first bite and then turns creamy – it’s really texturally interesting.
I decided to try pistachio halva and stuff blondies with it which yielded probably the best blondies I’ve had. They were rich and chewy but weren’t too sweet because the halva added a slightly salty, savory tone to them. The sweet white chocolate pairs well the savory sesame of the halva.
If you’re not sure where to get halva from, I had some shipped from Hebel & Co Halva that is located in Los Angelos and they even sent a small jar of pistachios with the halva! If you have pistachios, I encourage you to add a few to the blondies for a crunchy texture!
White Chocolate Pistachio Halva Blondies
- ¾ cup melted unsalted butter
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup pistachio halva (I used Hebel & Co)
- 1 white chocolate bar, chopped
- Optional: pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 baking tray with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the melted butter, both sugars, and a tbsp of the halva together. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract until the mixture starts to get lighter (about a minute whisking vigorously).
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix until combined. Add the pistachios (if using) and most of the white chocolate pieces, saving a few to top the blondies.
- Add ½ batter to the pan and crumble pieces of the halva on top. Top with the remaining batter and add the leftover pieces of white chocolate to the top.
- Bake for 30-34 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before slicing.
- Slice and store in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
If you make this recipe please comment below and tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see what you made!