Summer means cookouts with family and friends and normally burgers! If you’re looking for a way to jazz up your normal plain burgers look no further. These burgers are packed with southwest spice flavor and stuffed with CHEESE!
Have you ever tried turning a burger inside out? It is easier than you might think. You simply make a patty, take a slice of cheese and fold it into a quarters, put it in the center of that patty and top it with another patty. See? Simple!
These burgers also are topped with a delicious spicy chipotle mayo and cooked crispy bacon to take it to the next level of Southwest.
One tip of making your bacon crispy is to put it on a baking/cooling rack and place that on top of a lined baking sheet so the bacon doesn’t sit in it’s fat and get soggy! After all, who likes soggy bacon?
Southwest Stuffed Burger
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ diced Vidalia onion
- 1 diced jalapeno
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ pound Pepper jack cheese
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp adobo sauce
- Burger buns
- cooked applewood smoked bacon
- sliced avocado
- Optional toppings: sliced tomatoes, romaine lettuce, pickles
- Combine ground beef, diced onions and jalapeno, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and cumin until just combined. Do not overmix – it will cause tough burger patties.
- Form thin medium sized patties. Fold a slice of pepper jack cheese into quarters and put the four quarters into the center of one of the patties. Place another patty on top and join the edges of the two patties together. Stuff the rest of the patties.
- Turn on a skillet and cook the patties on each side for 4-5 minutes or until the burgers are cooked to the doneness you want.
- While the burgers are cooking, mix the mayonnaise and adobo sauce together.
- Assemble your burgers and top with chipotle mayo and optional toppings.
I hope you enjoy! If you make these Southwest Stuffed Burgers, tag me on Instagram and comment below.
One thought on “Southwest Stuffed Burger”