I LOVE LOVE LOVE caramel. These brownies have a great surprise of chocolate and caramel when you bite into them and they’re small batch which is perfect when you’re craving dessert without feeling guilty. I actually made this recipe because of the pandemic and not having too many baking ingredients hence small batch. When the baking ingredients are fully stocked in the stores, I’m definitely going to double the recipe and make a “normal” brownie batch!
These brownies are made with the chocolate bar brand Endangered Species Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel. Each square is filled with delicious salty caramel and when they’re in the brownies, its delicious. When you bite into the brownies, you get an unexpected bite of chocolate and caramel oozing out.
If you’re a caramel lover like me than these brownies are definitely for you.
Small Batch Caramel Chunk Brownies
- ½ cup melted cooled butter
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- ¾ cups white sugar
- ½ cup coconut sugar*
- 2 eggs room temp
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 bar Endangered Species Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel + Dark Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease loaf pan.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, and salt into a bowl.
- Combine the melted butter, sugars, and oil. Whisk until batter turns a lighter color, about a minute.
- Fold in dry ingredients until just combined.
- Pour half of the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Break the Chocolate Bar into squares and place each bar onto the batter.
- Cover with the other half of the batter and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
*Can substitute for light brown sugar.
If you make these brownies, I’d love to hear what you think of the recipe! Leave a comment below and/or tag me on Instagram!