Hummus is a versatile, easy, and quick recipe that is perfect for snacking or accompanying a meal. While I was on my Food Photography Retreat in Tulum, Mexico I was served an incredible carrot hummus that definitely inspired this recipe.
I’ve made this recipe two ways and both turned out nice – either roasting or boiling the carrots. If it’s hot weather/summer outside I personally would boil the carrots to prevent heating the house up even more, but totally up to you! Roasting the carrots with the clove of garlic adds extra flavor from the caramelized carrots and is a great side dish for a spring or Easter celebration (it was on my table for Easter this year).
This recipe is also a great way to use up leftover carrots you have in your kitchen!
- 2 carrots cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 tsp tahini
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- If you’re roasting the carrots – Preheat oven to 425°F. Put the carrots and the garlic clove on a baking tray with a tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Drizzle the carrots with the honey and stir to get it evenly coated on them. Roast for 20-30 minutes until fork tender.
- If you’re boiling the carrots – Put the carrots into a boiling pot of water with a hefty pinch of salt. Simmer until fork tender and strain.
- To your food processor, add the carrots, garlic clove, chickpeas, honey (if you boiled your carrots), tahini, half of the olive oil, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Start your food processor and stream in the remaining amount of olive oil.
- If its not as creamy as you like it, stream in more olive oil until its your favorite consistency.
I hope you enjoy this hummus as much as I do! You can serve it up with more carrots, pita, crackers, celery, whatever you fancy! If you make this recipe please let me know what you think of it and feel free to tag me on Instagram too!
2 thoughts on “Carrot Hummus”
Looks Scrummy 😋
Reblogged this on Eleve11 and commented:
via. the- ladle-bearer.com