This Cheesecake Tart is perfect. Kind’ve healthy and almost no bake. I have a huge sweet tooth and crave something sweet or dessert like after dinner SO to feel less guilty I made this recipe. And almost completely no bake – you have to turn the oven on for 8 minutes to bake the crust, but thats it! No bake desserts seem easier in general. The oven doesn’t need to get involved (perfect for summer) and there are a few less steps than that traditional baked dessert.
I had a ton of strawberries that I needed to use up and made strawberry jam a few days in advance of putting this beauty together.
To be honest, I was actually going to make another recipe and then decided to add a few things and voila! Turned out with this layered strawberry jam cheesecake tart.
The crust has toasted quinoa in it too which adds extra texture and crunch because I’m all about #teamtexture.
Funny story why I decided to add quinoa to the crust is inspiration from my recent travels to Peru which I learned is like the quinoa capitol of the world!
My fiance and I were sharing our Peru stories with the family on 4th of July and none of them had ever seen or eaten quinoa…. MIND BLOWN! I forget that just because I basically live in the grocery store and my kitchen, other people (like my family) don’t know all the awesome variety of ingredients out there! So I definitely thought of them as I was mixing the quinoa into the dough. Next family gathering I’m bringing this as an “educational experience” LOL
Healthy No Bake Strawberry Jam Cheesecake Tart
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup white quinoa, toasted
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 2 tbsp honey
- 8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Make the strawberry jam atleast day in advance to make it easier to not to spread when topped with the cheesecake filling. Simply add the strawberries and honey to a pan and mash the majority while they’re cooking. Let the strawberries simmer for about 20 minutes until its thickened. Cool in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine the almond flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, and quinoa. Spread into a greased tart pan and poke holes with a fork all over the bottom. Put into oven for 8 minutes until golden brown.
- Once the crust is cool, mix the cream cheese, yogurt, honey and vanilla together. Spread the strawberry jam on the crust first, then the cheesecake filling on top the jam. Top with sliced strawberries and put in the fridge for an hour before serving.
I’d love to hear what you think of this Cheesecake Tart! Comment below or tag me on social media so I can check it out!