I have to be honest in saying that my favorite tacos are normally involving seafood, avocado, and a ton of lime, but I decided to change it up and make these EASY savory meaty tacos.
This taco recipe is super simple and uses up a lot of pantry staples which is great during this Cinco de Mayo quarantine! I topped my tacos with some chopped red onions, salsa, and guac, but you can really go crazy with your toppings like pickled cabbage, lettuce, cheese, anything!
I always have ground turkey in my freezer so that is my meat of choice, but if you have ground beef, chicken or even chorizo that would be delicious as well. This recipe would be a great weeknight crowd pleasing meal. I also included my very favorite and simple guac recipe – vinegar is a game changer, believe me!
Meaty Turkey Tacos
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can of black beans
- 2 peppers in adobo
- ½ jar favorite red salsa
- 2 tsp chipotle powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toppings: guac, chopped red onion, squeeze of lime
Favorite, Simple Guacamole
- 1 avocado
- Juice from ½ lime
- 1 tsp vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- On med high heat, brown the ground turkey in a pan until cooked through. Add a rinsed can of black beans and the adobo peppers. Mash the peppers up with the back of a fork and mix with the meat and beans.
- Add ¼ jar of your favorite salsa to the meat and beans and add all the spices. You can either reserve more salsa to top on the tacos or put the rest into the meat to add more moisture and flavor.
- Cut open and avocado and squeeze into a bowl (I’ve been skipping cutting it up in the skins and reverting to literally squeezing them – works just fine!).
- Add the vinegar, lime and salt. Use a fork to mash it all together to your mashing desires. I like a chunky guac myself.
Assemble your tacos with your meat/beans mix and the guac and some chopped red onion on top (or whatever toppings you chose). Enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Meaty Turkey Tacos”
Wouldn’t mind to have it for lunch today 🙂 PedroL