Peanut Butter cups have to be my favorite candy of all time so why not make them at home? They’re easier to make than you might think, less sugar/calories than the ones you buy in the store, AND you can fill them with anything you want which is why I chose PB & “Jam”!
Healthier PB & Jam Cups
- 4 oz. Dark Chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Chunky PB (or creamy – whatever you prefer)
- 8-10 Raspberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Mini cupcake liners
- Optional: Course sea salt to top
Makes 10-12 filled PB & Jam cups.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds at a time. Stir after each 30 sec until completely melted.
- Spoon 1/2 tsp of chocolate into each liner. Use the back of the spoon to push up the chocolate on the sides of the liners. Freeze for 5 minutes.
- While that is freezing put the raspberries in a bowl and smash with a fork. Mix in chia seeds.
- Take the liners out of the freezer, spoon in 1/4 tsp of peanut butter into each of the liners and put back into freezer for 5 minutes.
- Take the liners out of the freezer and spoon 1/4 tsp of raspberry mixture on top the PB. Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- While those are in the freezer, you may need to re-microwave the chocolate for 15 seconds to warm up again.
- After the cups have set, take them out of the freezer and top with remaining chocolate to cover the filling. Freeze until chocolate is just set and sprinkle sea salt on top if using.
- Keep in the freezer or fridge until ready to eat! Enjoy!