Mint and chocolate are one of my favorite combos (its a tie with PB & choc) and since St. Patricks Day is right around the corner I thought its appropriate to have a festive green yet delicious dessert!
I love this holiday and I love Ireland (my fiance and I are getting married in Ireland!) so this holiday should be celebrated with something delicious besides cornbeef and cabbage. These mint brownies are slightly addicting, fudgey in the center, and refreshing at the same time which makes you want another bite… and another….
Mint Chocolate Chunk Brownies
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 eggs, room temp
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tbsp mint extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 oz. roughly chopped mint chocolate (I used Endangered Species Mint & Dark Chocolate)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2tbsp milk
- 1tsp mint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray or butter the dish.
- Whisk melted butter, oil and sugars in a bowl until combined. Beat in the eggs and extracts for about a minute.
- Sift in the flour, salt, and cocoa powder and fold until just combined, don’t over mix. Fold the chocolate pieces into the batter.
- Pour batter into the pan and smooth out the top. Put into oven for 35-40 minutes.
- While the brownies are baking, beat the butter with a mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add the sugar, milk and extract until smooth. Add the food coloring and mix until a minty color.
- Allow brownies to cool before topping with mint frosting and enjoy!