After getting back from Mexico a few weeks ago I was inspired to make a new cheesecake recipe! Also since I’m a huge fan of no bake cheesecakes, this recipe only uses the oven for the chocolate shortbread crust. It’s super chocolaty and rich with a perfect kick of heat. I even took this to work and it was gone within an hour!
Easy Mexican Chocolate Cheesecake
- Chocolate Shortbread Crust
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (sifted)
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (room temperature)
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- ½ tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- No bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- 2 (8 oz.) packages light cream cheese (room temperature)
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup sifted cocoa powder
- 5 oz. melted dark chocolate
- Zest of 1 orange
- Juice of ½ orange
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cayenne powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- Dark Chocolate Ganache
- 5 oz. dark chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cold, cubed unsalted butter
- Pinch of salt
Chocolate Shortbread Crust
- Stir together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, use a mixer to cream together the butter confectioners sugar, cayenne, and cinnamon.
- Slowly combine the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Using your hands form the dough into a ball.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet, put the dough ball on top and flatten it out with your hands into a circle. Put another sheet of parchment paper on top and roll into a ¼ inch circle. Refrigerate for 20 min.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator. Using the bottom of a springform pan and a knife, trace and cut out the circle and poke the dough with a fork. Place dough in the freezer for 10 min.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Take dough out of the freezer and put into the oven for 35 minutes.
- Place on cooling rack for 15 minutes before adding the cheesecake filling.
No bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- While the crust is cooking, use a hand mixer and whip the packages of cream cheese. Mix in the condensed milk and then the cocoa powder.
- Chop the chocolate into smaller pieces and microwave for 30 seconds at a time until completely melted. Mix the melted chocolate with the cheesecake mixture.
- Add the orange zest, cinnamon, cayenne, and chili powder – mix until combined. Slowly incorporate the orange juice.
- If the shortbread is still in the oven or cooling at this time, place the cheesecake mixture in the fridge until it is cool enough to pour on top. Assemble the springform pan and add the cheesecake mixture.
- Smooth the filling out and place into the refrigerator until set (2 hours minimum).
Dark Chocolate Ganache
- Chop the chocolate into smaller pieces and put into a bowl.
- Put the heavy cream, cinnamon, and chili powder in a saucepan until simmering.
- Pour half of the cream into the chocolate and stir until combined. Pour the remaining cream into the melted chocolate and stir.
- Once the chocolate and cream has been fully incorporated, stir in the cubed butter and add a pinch of salt.
- After the butter has melted, pour on top of the chilled cheesecake and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Take the cheesecake out of the springform pan, cut into slices and enjoy!!
I’d love to hear what you think about this recipe in the comments below and if you make it, please tag me on social media!
2 thoughts on “Easy Mexican Chocolate Cheesecake”
This cheesecake is off-the-charts delicious! 😀
Yes! Definitely a favorite amongst friends and family!